Summer Intensive Course in Modern Greek Language Scholarship
Purpose: Diffusion of Greek language & culture
Subject: Modern Greek language
Number of awards: depending on funds
Frequency: annual (depending on budget)
Duration: 1 month (mid August to mid September)
Value: tuition fee waiver (324 Euros)
Place of study: Aristotle University School of Modern Greek Language, Thessaloniki, GREECE
Eligibility: nationals of any country (including of Greek descent), priority given to students of Greek
Closing date: 28 February
1. A number of monthly scholarships are awarded to foreign undergraduate or postgraduate students of universities abroad for the purpose of attending the Summer Intensive Course in Modern Greek Language that takes place every year between mid August to mid September.
The scholarship covers the registration and tuition fees of the Course provided that grantees meet all their obligations to the programme.
2. Supporting documents
- Application. The candidate must fill in the form and attach a passport-size and recent photo.
- Certificate attesting that the candidate is an undergraduate or postgraduate student (Master's/PhD) or a copy of a university degree (for university graduates only) or a copy of a high school diploma (for high school graduates only)
- Two (2) reference/recommendation letter by persons of -preferably- academic status in the Greek or English or French or Italian or Spanish language or translated into Greek.
- C.V. in the Greek or English or French or Italian or Spanish language
- Copy of valid passport or identity card (according to document necessary for travelling to Greece), where name/family name is clearly shown in latin characters
3. Submission of candidate file
- The application with supporting documents must be submitted to the Department of Studies by 28 February (post office stamp).
Documents (e.g. certificate, degree, diploma, reference/recommendation letters) that are originally issued in a language other than Greek, English, French, Italian, Spanish must be validly translated into the Greek language by the Greek diplomatic authority in the candidate’s country of origin or by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by the candidate’s diplomatic authority in Greece and ratified by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by any authorized entity of the candidate’s country of origin (e.g. authorized solicitor)
Documents that are submitted in photocopies (e.g. degree, diploma) must be validated for their authenticity by the Greek diplomatic authority in the candidate’s country of origin or by the diplomatic authority of the candidate’s country in Greece and ratified by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by any authorized entity of the candidate’s country of origin
- Documents (e.g. diplomas, degrees) issued by the following countries: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Barbados, Bahamas, Belarus, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brunei-Darussalam, Colombia, Cook Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Estonia, France, Finland, Fiji, FYROM, Germany, Grenada, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Latvia, Liberia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macao, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Moldavia, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niue, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, South Africa, St. Lucia, San Marino, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Serbia-Montenegro, Samoa, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Surinam, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America, Venezuela, do not need any ratification by a Greek diplomatic authority abroad, provided that they bear the APOSTILLE seal mentioned in the articles 3 and 4 of the Hague Convention (5th October 1961).
- an application without the supporting documents as well as documents without an application do not count and are not considered in the selection process. Documents submitted once are not considered in the occasion of subsequent applications. Each new application must be supplemented with a complete set of supporting documents.
- The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to require extra credentials to be submitted at a given date, in cases where certain candidates are deemed in need of further certification of eligibility.
Queries - Contact:
Ioanna Korpidou (Miss)
Tel. (+30) 2310 99 4168
Fax: (+30) 2310 99 5112